Frequently asked HVAC questions:
How long does an HVAC system last?
HVAC equipment can last approximately 12 to 16 years.
A water heater can last approximately 10 years.
Thermostats can last up to 20 years.
Do you do Heating and Air Conditioning Installations?
A large part of our business is completing HVAC installations. We have professional estimators that provide customers with competitive fair pricing. Our installation team is superior, they are HVAC craftsman. At Donnelly Heating and Air Conditioning, we work together providing our customer with professionally completed installations at a fair price. We are prepared with a competent staff to service your equipment for the years to come.
Do you accept new customers?
Yes, we do accept new customers. We value all our customers new and old. We appreciate your business and look forward to servicing all your HVAC needs.
Do you service oil systems? What type of equipment do you service?
Yes, we do service oil system. Our technicians are trained to work on all HVAC equipment including oil furnaces and oil boilers.
We provide a special Donnelly HVAC group rate discount, with the oil company, for oil deliveries for our preventive maintenance customers.
We service all makes and model of heating and air conditioning equipment. All our technicians are trained and qualified to complete diagnostic evaluations and repair on all HVAC equipment.
We have Preventive Maintenance contracts for all HVAC equipment including: Heat Pumps, Gas Furnaces, Gas Boilers, Oil Furnace, Oil boilers, and ductless systems that our customers can purchase. These contacts assure that we are maintaining your HVAC equipment bi-yearly and give you discounts
How do I choose the correct filter for my HVAC system and check the MREV ratings?
When a heating air conditioning company is performing your Bi-yearly preventive maintence cleanings they are familiar with your equipment; Have your HVAC specialist give you advice on what size filters your HVAC system uses.
Where can we get filters?
You can purchase filters from most hardware stores and online. There is a variety of filter so when choosing your filter, be sure to get a quality filter by checking the MERV rating.
What do the different MERV Readings mean for filters?
The different types of filters indicate what types of partials are and removed by the filter. We recommend getting a filter with a MERV rating 8 to 16 depending on your needs. These are the higher quality filter available to purchase, other than the HEPA Filters.
If you have allergies or repertory issues, we recommend using the filter with a MERV rating 16. These protect against dust, pollen, mold, bacteria, viruses & small air born partials. These filters cost more but are worth the extra cost.
If you don’t suffer from allergies or upper repertory issues, we recommend a filter with a MERV rating 8. These files are a step up from a filter with a MERV rating from 1-4. These are still budget friendly and will perform well they remove mold spores and dust from the air. They have a 20% to 35% dust spot efficiency
How can you improve indoor air quality?
You can improve the indoor air quality and the performance of your HVAC equipment by changing your air filters regularly.
- Changing the filters in your HVAC system 1 to 3 months is necessary. This will increase the MERV rating. A clean filter is more able of catching pollution including smaller pollutants.
- Make sure your home is smoke-free of cigarettes or cigars. This type of smoke can decrease your air quality.
- Make sure your floors are clean. Have them vacuumed and washed regularly. This will help control, pet dander, dust, and other pollutants.
- Having an electronic air cleaner installed. Whole home duct systems will create cleaner air. It will remove contaminants that circulate through your home.
- Have your HVAC specialist complete Preventive Maintenance cleaning on your HVAC system bi yearly.
Why Choose Us?
- Group rates for oil deliveries
- FREE in home estimates
- Electrical association manufacture rebates
- Highly trained, experienced technicians
- PECO Smart Home Energy Rebates
- Extended Labor Warranty
- Financing Available