Frequently Asked Questions
Choosing A New Cooling & Heating System
Choosing the right cooling and heating system can be a daunting task. It’s a major investment and accounts for more than 50% of your home’s energy consumption. You want the system that’s best for your home and for the environment.
When Is It Time To Make a Change?
Consider contacting a professional heating and cooling contractor to see about upgrading your system if:
- You have a heat pump or air conditioner that is more than 10 years old. Depending upon the efficiency of your current unit, a newer, high-efficiency unit can save you as much as 20%-50% on heating and cooling costs.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old. Consider replacing your current heating system with a new, high-efficiency furnace to reduce energy use and save money on utility bills.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up. The age and condition of your current system may be making it less efficient.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold.
Choosing The Right Equipment
When making decisions about home cooling and heating systems, remember that high-efficiency models are not only better for the environment, they also save you money.
Whirlpool® EcoCentral™ Living System products are designed to promote efficient and healthy living spaces and provide an easy way to identify an energy-efficient heating and cooling system that reduces energy consumption, saving you money on your energy bills.
Check to see if your purchase qualifies for federal or local purchase incentives, and view the SEER and AFUE charts, which show how much your household could be saving.
When purchasing a cooling and heating system, making sure your equipment is properly sized and installed is also important. Don’t assume that the size of your new system should be the same as the size of your current one. Changes made to your home after your present equipment was installed (e.g. additions or insulation improvements) may affect how well the current system operates. Your contractor should use ACCA Manual J, or an equivalent size-calculation tool to determine what’s right for your home.
Why Choose Us?
- Group rates for oil deliveries
- FREE in home estimates
- Electrical association manufacture rebates
- Highly trained, experienced technicians
- PECO Smart Home Energy Rebates
- Extended Labor Warranty
- Financing Available